Odisha government is planning to set up a dedicated machine tool park in the Jajpur in Kalinganagar Industrial Complex of the State. The park which will be spread across 100 acre and is expected to have 58-odd units and will require an investment of Rs. 280 crore (approximately) towards infrastructure. Around 80 per cent of this cost will come in as grant from the Centre. The remaining 20 per cent and land needs will be fulfilled by the Odisha government.
The main focus of the park will be on machine tools, tooling, dies and moulds; the heavy electrical equipment sector; the mining and construction equipment segment; the process plant equipment sector; and metallurgical machinery, including steel plant equipment. Other focus sectors would be plastics processing machinery and textile & jute machinery.